I have a knack for thinking that I will “have fun” when I’m financially independent and successful by my own measures. Assuming this journey takes several years, which it likely will, I assume I will be over thirty years old when it happens. Now thirty is no slouch for having financial independence, but I see no reason to only focus on that during the next 7 years of my life. Life is to be enjoyed every moment, and even at thirty I might not wake up the next day. The basis of my activity on this website involves behavior, success, and the pursuit of achievement because I believe they are the foundational elements in achieving personal wealth and wellness.
A dreams list a spin-off of a bucket-list, where coming up with meaningful things to do, doing it, and crossing it off a list, is the name of the game. I have been inspired by others who have embarked on this journey, and decided that it was truly something I wanted to do as well. I ultimately figured out that a dreams list was the best way to add direction to my studies of behavior, success, and achievement.
My inspirations for this project are the following:
- Danny Dover who runs Life Listed is my main source of inspiration. His own life list is powerful and very aligned with the extensive amounts of travel and entertainment I want to have in my own life.
- The four guys who run The Buried Life for completing their own bucket list items and helping others accomplish theirs. Not only are they doing what they want to do in life, but are serving their communities. When they spoke at my school it solidified my interest in moving, connecting, and playing through a life list.
- Thomas Frank who runs College Info Geek was another reminder that aI can start doing all this stuff right now, while in college. Instead of a bucket list or a life list, he calls his an impossible list and encourages us to live impossibly.
- Chris Guillebeau who made it his goal to travel to every country, and actually accomplished it eleven years later.
- Matt Harding from his Where the Hell is Matt? videos.
- This girl who did a 52 Cups of Coffee project.
- Charles J. Givens, the author of SuperSelf and his views on creating a Dreams List.
If I had unlimited time, talent, money, knowledge, self-confidence, and support from my family, here is a list of everything I would like to do with my life:
- Visit 100 foreign countries. (current: 8)
- Visit all 50 states and strike the same pose in a photo that identifies the state.
- Become a published author on behavior, success, and achievement.
- Start a self-development online business that produces six figures annually.
- Visit every continent. (current: 2)
- Become fluently trilingual in Spanish & Romanian.
- Perform the Piano on stage.
- Perform a Hip-Hop Dance on stage.
- Read 1,000 books.
Go to all 7 Continents
- North America
- South America
Go to the World’s Biggest Events
- Go to the Superbowl.
- Go to the World Series.
- Go to the World Cup.
- Go to the Winter Olympics.
- Go to the Summer Olympics.
- Go to the Tour De France.
Attend these Events
- St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin, Ireland.
- Chinese New Year celebration.
- Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans.
- Cinco de Mayo celebration in Mexico.
See the World’s Most Amazing Man-made Things
- See the Statue of Liberty (United States – New York)
- See Mount Rushmore (United States – South Dakota)
- See the White House (United States – Washington, D.C.)
- See the Golden Gate Bridge (United States – San Francisco)
- See the Willis (Sears) Tower (United States – Chicago)
- See the Liberty Bell (Pennsylvania – Philadelphia)
- See Machu Picchu (Peru – Machu Picchu)
- See Christ the Redeemer (Brazil – Rio)
- See the Sydney Opera House (Australia – Sydney)
- See the Acropolis (Greece – Athens)
- See Big Ben (England – London)
- See Buckingham Palace (England – London)
- See the Mona Lisa (France – Paris)
- See the Eiffel Tower (France – Paris)
- See Notre Dame (France – Paris)
- See the Colosseum (Italy – Rome)
- See the Pantheon (Italy – Rome)
- See the Brandenburg Gate (Germany – Berlin)
- See St. Peter’s Basilica (Italy – Vatican City)
- See the Leaning Tower of Pisa (Italy – Pisa)
- See Stonehenge (England – Wiltshire)
- See the Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany – Hohenschwangau)
- See the Sagrada Familia (Spain – Barcelona)
- See the Hagia Sophia (Turkey – Istanbul)
- See the Atomium Building (Belgium – Brussels)
- See the Hungarian Parliament Building (Hungary – Budapest)
- See the Great Wall of China (China)
- See the Forbidden City (China – Beijing)
- See the Taj Mahal (India – Agra)
- See the Moscow Kremlin (Russia – Moscow)
- See the Burj Khalifa (United Arab Emirates – Dubai)
- See the Angkor Wat (Cambodia – Angkor)
- See the Golden Temple (India – Amritsar)
- See the Potala Palace (Tibet – Chengguan)
- See the Petronas Towers (Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur)
- See the Pyramids of Giza (Egypt – Cairo)
See the World’s Most Amazing Natural Things
- See the Grand Canyon (United States – Arizona)
- See the Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)
- See the Niagara Falls (United States – New York)
- See the Moraine Lake (Canada – Alberta)
- See the Hoover Dam (United States – Nevada/Arizona)
- See the Amazon Rainforest (Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana)
- See the Iguazu Falls (Argentina)
- See the Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia)
- See the Angel Falls (Venezuela)
- See the Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
- See the Alps (France, Italy, Switzerland or Germany)
- See from Pulpit Rock (Norway – Preikestolen)
- See the Seljalandsfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- See the Plitvice Lakes (Croatia)
- See Mount Everest (Nepal)
- See the Pyramids of Giza (Egypt – Cairo)
- See the Ngorogoro Crater wildlife (Tanzania)
See the World’s Coolest Wildlife in the Wild
- Komodo Dragon
- Blue Whale
- Grizzly Bear
- Diamond Earrings
- Rolex Watch
- Grandfathers Ring
- Tuxedo with double flap and top-hat
- Chin BW + 90 lbs (current: +42.5)
- Dip BW + 90 lbs (current: +52.5)
- Incline Bench BW (current: 135)
- Press 135 [ExRx Standards] (current: 105)
- Squat 315 [ExRx Standards] (current: knee rehab)
- Deadlift 405 [ExRx Standards] (current: knee rehab)
- Row BW (current: 105)
- Curl 95 lbs (current: 70)
- Dunk a men’s basketball.
- Complete a graceful muscle up.
- Complete a graceful full one-legged squat.
- Complete a graceful full one-armed pull-up.
- Complete a graceful full one-armed push-up.
- Complete a graceful 5-second L-Sit.
- Complete a graceful 5-second front lever.
- Complete a graceful 5-second planche.
- Complete a graceful 5-second handstand.
- Measure 15″ biceps. (current: 13.25″)
- Get under 10% BF at any weight.
- Have a 30″ waist at any weight.
- Get my shoulder:waist ratio to be 1.618. (current: 1.382)
- Take a yoga class.
- Take a cooking class.
- Take a piano class.
- Take a hip-hop dance class.
- Take a massage class.
- Take a pottery class.
- Take a horseback riding lesson.
- Take a snowboarding lesson.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Learn basic Romanian and conversate with someone fluent.
- Play a basic Piano song and put it on YouTube.
- Learn how to change oil.
- Change a flat tire.
- Break a board with bare hand.
- Get 1mill blog visits.
- Publish a dozen e-books.
- Write a bestselling book.
- Publish an Android application.
- Give a TED Talk.
- Start a business that generates six figures of income annually.
- Create an online interactive course.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Go on a blind date.
- Go snowboarding.
- Go scuba diving.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Start an eating contest.
- Learn a martial art.
- Get lasik eye surgery.
- Complete invisalign trays. (current: 11/32)
- Be in a hollywood film.
- Be in a TV show.
- Meet Anthony Mychal
- Meet Mark Manson
- Meet the POTUS