Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. – Carl Trumbell Hayden
A value is something you believe in, feel, or think about yourself. These may change over the years.
Values require that you continually ask yourself:
- Am I designing my life around what I value the most?
- Is what I am trying to achieve something I truly value?
- Am I experiencing any conflict between my goals and my values?
- Has the accomplishment of goals in the past produced an empty or an excited feeling?
The things I value most, in chronological order, as they relate to my goals and dreams:
- Overcoming all of my problems.
- Good health.
- Controlling my own business.
- Travel to exciting places and do exciting things.
- Meeting the right person.
- Respect from others.
- Contributing time, knowledge, or money to others.
- Knowing accomplished and successful people.