- How to live a healthy, satisfying, and soulful life?
The Five Cs
- Religious texts, self-help guides, inspiring memoirs, novels, and movies.
- Qualities that make good friends, spouses, fathers, colleagues, citizens.
- Iconic role models and their traits.
- What kind of man do I want to be?
- What responsibilities do I have to other people? To life itself?
- How have the man-rules I grew up with shaped and possibly limited my life?
- Action: Ask more questions; ask open-ended questions every day and write it in a journal that challenge assumptions about masculinity.
- Openness and authenticity are sources of profound strength
- Action: Share with someone what makes you most afraid and what brings you the deepest joy.
- Compassion is the sensitivity to the suffering in self and others with a commitment to try and alleviate and prevent it.
- By being kind to ourselves we can develop a richer interior life of self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Cousin behaviors – empathy, kindness, self-awareness, appreciation, and generosity.
- Action: Think of a hurt you experienced in the past, or perhaps still feel. Be kind and forgiving to yourself.
- Action: Listen to someones story and help relieve their discomfort.
- Connect means men building stronger bonds with others and putting themselves more fully in service of people and planet.
- Deepening a connection to family, friends, and all people.
- Action: Consider which of your personal relationships you most want to deepen and think about how to build a more heart-centered bond.
- Action: How can you live in a way that is more connected to the earth?
- Persevering in building habits of curiosity, courage, compassion, and connection.
- Action: Create a challenging self-query like, “What kind of man do I want to be in this moment?”